Generous Community College Transfer Policy

WGU North Carolina maintains great relations with community colleges throughout the state.

If you have received an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree, you will typically enter WGU North Carolina with upper-division standing and clear or waive 40 competency units (CUs) (equal to 60 quarterly credit hours). You may also clear additional degree requirements depending upon the program.

If you have completed college work but have not earned an AA or AS, you may be able to clear course requirements through a course-by-course transcript evaluation.

WGU North Carolina is working very closely with many colleges within the state of North Carolina to establish transfer pathways that outline the way a variety of available associate degrees earned in the state of North Carolina will transfer to WGU North Carolina. Click here to see if your school participates in this transfer pathway process.

Learn more about earning transfer credits

Schema Markup for WGU North Carolina Logo

You’re using an unsupported version of your browser..

You’ll still have full access to the site, but some functionality may be lost. For the best experience, upgrade your browser by following the links below.